thoughts of a warrior on assignment in a place called Earth

Thursday, September 08, 2005

to conform or morph?

Romans 12:1-2

 

Paul has put the reader in the position of awe at the qualities of Almighty God in the preceding verses. “For who hath known the mind of the Lord?” (11:34a) It is very clear that discerning the will of our Creator is to be our main priority. He then proposes that there is no limit to how far we should go to “sacrifice” our flesh in order to be holy, acceptable, and transformed. But he goes on to show that “knowing” isn’t enough; we must be “transformed”.

 

He demands a “morphing” of the will. I am not asked to model the mind of Christ, or try to implement God’s will into mine. No “attempts” or meeting half-way. I must daily slay my living will on the altar of sacrifice. When I am tempted to give in to selfish materialism and spend my resources (money, time, energy) on things of the flesh, I must realize this is unacceptable. I must not justify my will on the premise of being “creative” in following God’s will.  I’m not making an impressionistic model, I’m morphing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home